Yep, we’re on day 63 of quarantine but still no mass testing is deployed. So we rot in our houses trying to be #cookerist until our government decided to drop their incompetencies. Anyway, my cousin decided to try Creamy Chicken Pastel to add to our variety of ECQ lunches and here’s how it turned out! AND #MassTestingNowPH ~
Okay. So ECQ was extended (again) and it’s my cousin’s day for cooking meals— yes, we have scheduling. We’ve been eating pork and beef lately so it’s chicken day!
This kind of dishes with cream and milk can be quite a little daunting to try and recreate specially if you only relay with Youtube searches but my cousin was successful. Muy delicioso!
- Chicken (chopped)
- Soysauce and 3 calamansi (for marinate)
- Potatoes (chopped)
- Carrots (chopped)
- Red Bell pepper (chopped)
- Onion and garlic (minced)
- Nestle All purpose cream
- Vienna sausage
- Chop chicken to an inch cubes. Same with potatoes, carrots and bell pepper. Mince garlic and onion.
- Marinate chicken in soy sauce and calamansi for 30 minutes. The longer the better for more flavor.
- Add olive oil to pan.
- Saute onion then garlic.
- Add sausage and saute.
- Add marinated chicken and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add hotdog, potatoes, and carrots.
- Once cooked, add all purpose cream.
- Lastly, add mushroom and bell pepper to add to flavor. Cook for another 10 minutes.
Viola! Creamy Chicken Pastel.
This was the version without the pie crust since that’s for another #cookerist level. I hope you can enjoy with this guide. For more visual, you can watch the process here: