Craving some Panda Express goodness but ECQ? Here’s a recipe of Panda Express’ Orange chicken to save some tummys. 🙂
- Breading mix
- Soy sauce
- Ginger (minced)
- Garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of orange juice
- 1/4 cup of vinegar
- Water + 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- Marinate chicken in soy sauce and lemon for 30 minutes.
- Coat marinated chicken in breading mix then fry
- Remove from pan then add oil.
- When oil begins to simmer, add ginger and garlic.
- Add the sugar and brown sugar, and stir to combine.
- Add in the orange juice and allow the sugars to begin to dissolve in the liquid, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the vinegar and soy sauce, and stir to combine.
- Add the cornstarch and water together and whisk to combine. Add to the pan and stir.
- Continue to cook the sauce until maple syrup consistency is achieved.
- Add in the fried chicken and stir until completely coated in the sauce. Top with sesame if available. Enjoy!